Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Raising my SW 200p off the ground

I have had my scope for two weeks now and am really enjoying finding my way round the sky. I feel more comfortable standing up when using the scope but a 6ft 4ins the EP is at a point were I am bending down to look in to it and it gets uncomfortable. I have put the scope on a small garden table that makes it a comfortable hight but I don't feel the scope is secure. Is there any thing on the market that could be secured to the base to raze it by around 2ft. I had a look but no luck. Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

Many thanks

Les

Cannot think of anything specifically.

Guess it will be a sheet of external play, cut into two and the two halves suitably spaced apart.

Don't suggest MDF.

No idea on the additional height required, but if enough you could make it to fit a shallow storage box in for all the bits and pieces/

I'd agree that its most probably going to be a diy job. perhaps a browes of the diy section might come up with something suitable.

Maybe a box of suitable height fixed firmly to the dobbase will do the trick? Said box could have someting heavy (sandbag) to lessen the chance of toppling over?

I believe Sankey does a Water Butt Stand? You need the largest base? They dont have them in Scotland and the postage for me would cost more than the base! There is a thread here somewhere?..........looking

Hi Les,

I have similar problems, my first back saver was adding a raci, then a pillar extension. For a dob,  Daz Type-R has done every mod he can to his scope, so try the £4.99 Ikea table, hides the battery for running the dewshields too.!

Thanks for all the suggestions.  Will have a look round the DIY stores. Could not find the Ikea table on their web site and we don't have a store near.

Water butt may still be a bit low but now I know there is no ready made solution I can have fun building or modifying something.

Thanks again for all the suggestions and I will post my solution as soon as I come up with it.

Les 

Archived