Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

25/06 - Rupes Recta inc Arzachel

Blazar

Hi all,

Not had the time to image and post up recently for various reasons (mostly duet the rubbish weather!). But dragged myself out on the evening of the 25th, and I have to say it was the best decision I made that day! I must have been in a spot of really stable air...not much wind, and the transparency was pretty good. I took around 30 or so AVI's of different targets, both with and without a x2 barlow. I have had an image in mind for quite a while, but wither the phase was not right, or the weather on that particular night was poor...so its taken about 9 months to get the shot I wanted....though that is not the shot below. I thought I would test out the captures just to make sure it was worth staying out, and this was the image that came back. a x 2 image of the Straight Wall, along with Arzachel. quite a lot of detail to be seen in this one. processed in AS2, RS6, PS5....and thats it. I have the rest of the images to sift through, but the one I wanted is also looking good so will take my time with that. I will post up some others when I get round to it...worth saving some for a rainy day with our summers!

Edge800 HD, AVX, ZWO120mm-s, Baader Red filter. TV x 2 barlow.

Not had time to do my usual blurb, so will do  a final version when I see how good the other shots of this area are.

Thanks for looking

gallery_27945_3180_2717611.png

That looks very nice :)

Thanks Charl & James. I was trying out your focus assistance tool as well James....I found it very handy...OAcapture is really a fantastic piece of work.

Thanks Alan, Laudropb, Knobby and Luc. I think nights a clear as the 25th won't come round very often.  I am sure you will have some excellent images soon Luc (you always do!).  Appreciate the kind words.

Archived