Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Orion, the big print.

ollypenrice

Tom took charge of getting me a large print done by his regular photoprinter in Ireland and it shipped over, but then got delayed for long enough for us to have gone on holiday by the time it arrived. However, our friend Ray noticed it on the van driver's list while receiving something himself and told the driver he'd take it. He then lent us his minibus so that while Tom was here on holiday we could collect it from the framers. The good people at the Crayon Gris art shop in Sisteron handled the framing. They, too, are friends because Monique exhibits with them. (The multiple virtues of small communities!) It's framed in aluminium extrusion and behind museum quality plexiglass. The framers pointed out the danger of glass at this size, it's extreme weight and prodigious expense. In fact it's very transparent on far less reflective than it appears in the photo. We run a guest house so we don't want anything dangerous, either.

So this is only a tiny fraction of what would be possible in terms of size from our 33 panel mosaic but we didn't have a wall that could take anything bigger!

All good fun.

Olly - and thanks to Tom and Ray along with Francis and Cécile of the Crayon Gris.

ORION%20PAPER%20PRINT-L.jpg

Looks good Olly!!! ..... I bet it's breathtaking in the flesh so to speak :)

I assume that's a dwarf standing by the side and it's really only 3ft high? :D :D

Ho ho ho, young lady. I'll have you know I'm nearly three foot three, so there!

Olly

always nice to showcase your own work and that's a mighty fine piece, my walls around my pc is like a gallery, not the best images but they are mine, I got a meter high print of the moon the mrs wouldn't let me do the maximum 3 meter :confused: 

Archived