Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

diy telescope tripod?

Gutross

• 4 weeks later...

I'll jump in here and offer something completely different!  After all, I did promise a few new articles after the enthusiastic response from my first about my neighbor becoming an amateur astronomer.

It happens that I have a short article in my kit bag.  Article and pictures attached.

ed

TRIPOD.DOC

post-45107-0-30339500-1437602081.jpg

post-45107-0-49354800-1437602196.jpg

post-45107-0-21768100-1437602238.jpg

I'll jump in here and offer something completely different! After all, I did promise a few new articles after the enthusiastic response from my first about my neighbor becoming an amateur astronomer.

It happens that I have a short article in my kit bag. Article and pictures attached.

ed

Great stuff Ed. I like that a lot!!

i wonder how aluminum crutches would do! must check to see if i can make it more sturdy with 2way extending bolts!

Aluminium  crutches would work.  But because some force has to applied to them at their points of attachment to the tripod head, I would advise inserting wooden dowels at the tops of the crutches where this pressure is applied to tighten the legs.  About two inches would do.

As for new bolts, my experience has been that these were quite strong enough for the job. 

Archived