Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Vixen LVW replacer on the way?

YKSE

I know you had all of the T6 range a few years back, I have 5mm-11mm inc and I do find them OK in use but not in the same league as either Delos of XW's. I actually find the Ethos 8mm more user friendly though sadly none mentioned are enough for anyone wearing glasses.

Alan

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For quite a while the Nagler T6's were my main eyepiece set. I had all but the 11mm and really liked them. Then FLO loaned me the 10mm Pentax XW to compare with the 9mm Nagler T6 and found that the Pentax showed just a little less light scatter around bright objects and seemed a touch sharper under some circumstances. T6 Naglers are still pretty nice eyepieces by any standards though.

I've just read that the new Vixen SSW eyepieces will be on sale in the USA from the end of this month. Hopefully not far off here as well :smiley:

If they are going to have Nagler-type pricing, Nagler type eye relief and a Nagler type field of view they will need to produce XW / Delos / Ethos optical performance to gain sales I think. If they can deliver what the Vixen SLV's do, over that 83 degree FoV then they might just have something .....

I should really have mentioned to make it clear I was talking about eye-relief when I refered to OK, optically they are much better than OK.

Alan

It's difficult to make ultra and hyper wide eyepieces with long eyerelief in the mid to shorter focal lengths without using massive lenses apparently. If the 3" eyepiece format becomes more commonplace then we could see something like a 100 degree, 10mm eyepiece with 20mm of eye relief. It might be a monster though :shocked:

Somewhat off topic so sorry to the OP but I can never understand how they got from 20mm Nagler T2 to 20mm Nagler T5.

Alan

The 20mm T5 is a really compact 2" eyepiece. It's pretty hefty though so theres a lot going on in there :smiley:

I wonder what the Ethos Type 2's will look like, if there ever are any ?

(ooops, going even further off topic ! :rolleyes2: )

Archived