Narrowband

Looking for a star party somewhere near to the NW

I attended my first star party at SGLX and I plan to attend another one this autumn from September onwards.

I'm struggling to find one that's roughly in the NW (i.e Cumbria, Lancashire, Derbyshire, Yorkshire, Cheshire, North Wales)

Kielders fully booked and is a long way

Galloway is prob too far

Kelling Heath too far

Astrocamp difficult to understand if there are places or not, distance is doable

Peak Star Party - cancelled

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

M

Hi M,

I agree with Mike and Ian...

Galloway is the best Star Party.

Great atmosphere....  Great dark clear skies...  Very clean toilets and games facilities... Flat camp site.....  Superb and helpful owners...

Horizon to horizon viewing..... Friendly and helpful astronomers...

Bird Watching on Wigton Bay during the day....

Distance.... I travel from Watford... 400 miles there and another 400 miles back... so from Cheshire it is about 400 mile round trip.

Is it worth it?     You bet it is!!!!

Hope to see you there in November this year....

Cheers

Adrian

I attended my first star party at SGLX and I plan to attend another one this autumn from September onwards.

I'm struggling to find one that's roughly in the NW (i.e Cumbria, Lancashire, Derbyshire, Yorkshire, Cheshire, North Wales)

Kielders fully booked and is a long way

Galloway is prob too far

Kelling Heath too far

Astrocamp difficult to understand if there are places or not, distance is doable

Peak Star Party - cancelled

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

M

Just to let you know that the bookings for September's Astrocamp have not opened yet, but will be in the next few weeks. 

Well I'm with Ian, Mike and Adrian. I go every year if at all possible. Good crowd great views weather permitting (very open skies).

Did I tell you good crowd?

Well anyway Mike and I travel about the same distance 170/180 miles well worth it.

Derek

• 4 weeks later...

Hi M.

great if you could make the trip, site is second to none, as is company, done my first one last year and it was mindblowing. Knowledge and help is only an arms length away, is this amature astronomy heaven? Near as in my book. Hope to see you there.

jamie

M ,No events planned as yet for Cumbria S/P ,will post asap any dates when available, Galloway well worth the trip, ehu plot available,book direct with Lesley. See Galloway S/P in Events for contact details

Regards

Mike

hi Mike let us know if you get any info on that one also

jamie

Archived