Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astrocamp Sept 2015 - how to contact?

I'm interested in attending this event and I appreciate that I might be too late but you never know.

The problem I have is that the website for the event doesn't help me much as there are no contact details, the pitch bookingscreen is closed despite it showing available spaces.

I've registered with username and password but that has also stopped working.

Some of the issues might be my IT - Can anyone provide email contact details or other info. as to whether it's going ahead this year or not.

Thanks,

M

Just had a look and I half suspect that the pitch allocations you see are for May, last month. And that the September arrangements have not begun (< is that a word?).

That would seem to explain pitch allocations seen they are old ones for May and bookings being Closed, May has gone, September is not yet Open. Also sure that before I refined the search string I read that on one of the results.

All the events are for May, not September, however I see that on the last day they say:
12:00 Leave campsite and book for September 2015!

Which seems to imply booking almost immediatly for Sept.

No contact as best I can see also.

You may need to check Facebook and/or Twitter as I see they refer to that for and in the pitch allocation section.

Worst case is all pitches are allocated and they have therefore closed the bookings.

Thanks for the response, you've confirmed that it's not just me struggling with it.

Never used facebook or twitter and I can't say I'm keen to try either - ignorance is bliss?

Can anyone else shed more light on Astrocamp Sept 2015?

Hi,

I've been three times now, and It's brilliant. I'd recommend joining the Facebook page, or at the very least checking back regularly on the website booking page. There's bound to be available pitches.

Kev

• 4 weeks later...

I've put it in my diary, but I don;t tend to book in advance these days (except for Kelling) as I wasted so much money through bad weather a couples of years ago.  so I'll take my chance on a last minute pitch being available and have applied to join  the Facebook page.

Thanks for the links guys I too had lost touch.

Carole 

Thanks Justin, I'll take my chances, if the weather is good and there's a pitch going with hook up  I'll come.  I now have a campervan and need hook up for that as well as the astro gear.  

Carole 

Thanks Justin, I'll take my chances, if the weather is good and there's a pitch going with hook up  I'll come.  I now have a campervan and need hook up for that as well as the astro gear.  

Carole 

Hi Carole,

Sorry to go off topic. I've had a look at your website and think it's excellent. I'm sure it's inspirational to many amateur astronomers. Credit where it's due!

My sanction manager (her indoors)has just granted me permission to attend this event for the first time.

I've looked at the plan of the site and I need a small tent pitch with EHU. This means choosing from pitches 12-17 inclusive or 23+24 or 51-56 inclusive.

I'd like to attend however as I've never been to the site before I'm a bit concerned about the trees that appear to be adjacent to the pitches listed above.

Are they an issue and are there pitches that should be avoided?

http://astrocamp.awesomeastronomy.com/information/campsite-plan

There is an area in the middle of the site called 'the common'. This is where many visual observers set up there scopes, away from the trees.

The common is a popular feature at Astrocamp, and makes it very friendly - especially for beginners. I think it started as the organisers are from the Baker St Irregular Astronomers in London, and observing together in Regents Park is what they do.

Archived