Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Iris and Ghost nebula in LRGB

swag72

I have had this one on the backburner for a few weeks. I collected the Luminance as a 2 pane mosaic with the QSI690 and finished off the colour with a Starlight Express Trius 25C.

This is totally different to my usual narrowband images and also using a OSC for the colour has been ............ different! So I'd sure welcome any comments any one has regarding the processing or data. 

Details:
M: Avalon Linear fast reverse
T: Takahashi FSQ 85
C: QSI690ws-g with Lum filter and Starlight Express Trius SX25C OSC for the colour.

Luminance - 2 pane mosaic 54x600s in total
Colour - 100x600s
Totalling 25 hours and 40 minutes

18877814869_97a42bcbac_b.jpg

NGC7023 and VdB 141 (Iris nebula and Ghost nebula) by Sara Wager, on Flickr

Looks like you have a bunch of faint dust lying around the field Sara, if you use Pixinsight i could point you towards a tutorial on how to use residual layers to bring all that to the surface?

Callum

NIce to see you working in broadband, Sara. Good job done. This dusty stuff, especially the Ghost, is very faint indeed and you have it nicely separated from the background both in brightness and in colour.

Olly

I'm a sucker for a bit of dust and I like looking at good images of it. The colour is lovely and it has a 3D effect that I like.

Bringing out dust detail is a major goal for this region but it has to be balanced with the subtleties of brown gunge and that three dimensional feeling.

Like it,

Dave.

Looks like you have a bunch of faint dust lying around the field Sara, if you use Pixinsight i could point you towards a tutorial on how to use residual layers to bring all that to the surface?

Callum

Would you mind pointing someone else towards that tutorial? [emoji4] I could really use that.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Archived