Hello.

Jamus

Hi Stargazers,

I am joining the forum after repeatedly finding myself on here recently. Initially I was researching info on the ISS (and methods to find it) and more recently while looking for info on telescopes for beginners - in particular, one that would also be suitable for my daughter to use.

So here I am. Hi!

Hi Jamus,

Warm welcome to SGL. Before spending any cash find out where your local astro club is, go along to one of their meets and see what other folk have and what may suit you best. Download a planetarium program, loads out there but try Stellarium its great and free. To be found here :--- http://www.stellarium.org/  . Get a couple of books 'turn left at orion' and 'sky&telescope pocket star atlas' will help guide you round the sky. Nothing wrong starting with bino's too!

Hi and welcome to SGL - There's loads of info on the forum as well as people who will help and impart their huge knowledge - Glad that you found us and that all searches led you to us :D

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Hi Jamus and welcome to the forum. Plenty of info here to you both get started and to help sustain your interest. Please don't hesitate to ask questions as the need arises by posting in the relevant sections - lots of people here willing to help you.

Clear skies and enjoy your stay here.

Wow. Now that's a warm welcome. Thank you all.

And thank you for the advice. I believe I have narrowed my choice to a few options so I will try and post a more specific question shortly.

Many thanks again.

Hi Jamus and welcome to SGL, there is a lot the forum can offer in the way of information, however, for any specific questions, you are best to post in any of the relevant sub sections of the forum, enjoy your Astronomy :)

Archived