Digital camera adaptor for Celestron 130EQ

This is my very first post. I am fairly new to astronomy. I live in County Mayo, Ireland. I bought a Celestron 130EQ a few months back. It does not have the goto drive. I am looking for some advice please on an adaptor for it so I can take photos using a small Canon Powershot A490 digital camera. After searching the internet I am a bit confused as at first I found references to a Celestron universal digital camera adaptor, a thing looking like a mediaeval torture device, then  found references to a T mount camera adaptor and a T2 mount. Can some kind soul please steer me straight as to what I should get. Also: some advice as to where I could buy it that posts to the Rep. of Ireland. We had a very good astronomy supplier here in Dublin until I realised today when I went on their website that they have ceased trading. Many thanks.

Hello and welcome to SGL. The Powershot is a compact camera with a fixed lens so the only type of imaging available to you is afocal imaging (imaging through an eyepiece) You will need a 

bracket to hold the camera such as this one http://www.firstlightoptics.com/adapters/baader-microstage-clickstop-digital-camera-adapter.htmlor http://www.amazon.co.uk/Universal-Telescope-Digital-Astrophotography-Digiscoping/dp/B0039ZPJPY/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1434748252&sr=8-5&keywords=celestron+camera+adapter to hold the camera at the correct distance over the eyepiece. The t-adapters are only suitable for use with DSLRs.

Archived