Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

app best, latest, greatest

Hi guys just got a Samsung Galaxy with 5" screen.  I just wondered if anyone could advise on the best app (don't mind paying a few quid) for use with my scopes and also just for finding my way around the sky.   My telescopes go into storage for 3 months shortly so thought finding my way around the sky would be a good learning process till the little fellows get returned to me in my new home in Spain.  And then an app to confirm telescope targets would be good.

Any thoughts very much appreciated.

ps: Sure this has been asked before but things change so quickly.  Cheers

I quite like SkyView too. Not tried the mobile stellarium, is it as good as the PC version?

+1 for sky View - it kinda depends on phone as to whether the gyro's keep it accurate but if it all works, its fab... and has a free version

Thanks so much guys.  I'm going to follow your recs and download the free ones first.  Then the small fee ones until I'm there.

Since buying my first telescope I find I spend a lot of time looking up and it is annoying being out and about and wanting to know what that little diamond in the western sky is.  I think a good app that suits my phone and perhaps remembering to put my small bird watching binos in my pocket should extend my useful sky watching time.

Happy watching - and good luck Philae, talk to us again soon sleepy head  :smiley:  Hopefully some great fotos to come.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived