SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

18th June - H-alpha & White Light

Qualia

Yeah, I know. Meteorologists measure the air's temperature at the surface to arrive at an estimate of temperature but that isn't the entire story. As interesting as it is to know that today was a refreshing 32ºC according to weather reports, stuck out under the midday Sun, sketching and sweating and trying to avoid touching any metal whatsover, you really get an appreciation of the Sun's enormity, its slightly terrifying magnificance.

I've learnt a couple of things today: chalks and pencil pastels heat up quicker than your normal B type graphite pencils, the body sweats where you didn't know you had body parts and that I can't really tell the differece between swallows, swifts and housemartins as they swoop and dive over head, metamophosising into black bats silhouetted against the burning Sun.

Anyway, here are a couple of sketches for today, and a snap shot of the temperature next to my sketching table (the temp to the right was for indoors):

post-21324-0-77669500-1434643019_thumb.j

post-21324-0-60202400-1434643035_thumb.j

post-21324-0-02242300-1434643060_thumb.j

Great sketches as usual Rob.

Unfortunately I haven't had much luck with clear skies here.

I experience your kind of temperatures when I go to India every April, last time I took a wide brimmed hat with me and that made a big difference when out cycling.

Avtar

Archived