SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SGL 11 - Dates :)

Ant

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How much will it cost? Will the payment cover both the party and campsite pitch?

Mark,

I can't remember the exact cost but it is basically what you would pay for a tent/caravan pitch (i.e. less than £20 per night).

The star party is free and the only additional thing the organisers sell are tickets to an optional Hog Roast on the Saturday night which is around £6.

It's the cheapest weekend of fun you will ever have :grin:

Yes. They are a little way from the main area where everyone camps or parks their caravan or mobile home. It wouldn't be good to set a scope up outside the cabin but you could set it up somewhere with the others. People have used them in the past.

Kerry

To be honest, a basic 2 man tent is only around £20 so probably better to buy one.

it will be cold in a tent at night so be prepared for that.

If you've survived a festival, you'll be fine at Lucksall!

Very true but there's also sleeping bags and the FAQs talk about mats for under the bags.  I'll start pricing up but feeli like it might add up quick.

I take it the hut things are seperate to the party?

The pods on site are not in the same rows as the other pitches, but to be honest you can still walk about and chat to everyone else.

SGL X this year was my first, and my brother and I spent most of the time arguing and getting frustrated with our kit!

We did wander around a few times to look at other people's stuff and we had the occasional visitor to see what we were up to.

If you book a pod, you'll be warm and comfortable, albeit not in the rowdy row where the dob mod keep everyone awake!

Have a look at my images from the last one, see what you think.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/64466793@N08/albums/72157651164619709

The pods on site are not in the same rows as the other pitches, but to be honest you can still walk about and chat to everyone else.

SGL X this year was my first, and my brother and I spent most of the time arguing and getting frustrated with our kit!

We did wander around a few times to look at other people's stuff and we had the occasional visitor to see what we were up to.

If you book a pod, you'll be warm and comfortable, albeit not in the rowdy row where the dob mod keep everyone awake!

Have a look at my images from the last one, see what you think.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/64466793@N08/albums/72157651164619709

Oh wow, it looks like so much fun!  The hog roast is making me hungry  :)

Thank you, I think I have a better idea of the layout now  :)

Yes it was great fun, really good to meet like minded people, all of which have their own unique interest.

The hog roast was good too, bargain seeing as you pay a fiver for it now, then get in the queue and get your fill!

If you can't book a pod and don't have camping equipment, be warned - sleeping in a car or van without insulation is not good.

As soon as you see the banner with the confirmed dates, go for a pod straight away.

Above all, if you do get to go, you will enjoy yourself.

Yes. They are a little way from the main area where everyone camps or parks their caravan or mobile home. It wouldn't be good to set a scope up outside the cabin but you could set it up somewhere with the others. People have used them in the past.

Kerry

Thank you for your help Kerry  :) 

Thank you for your help Kerry  :)

OK. Another option is to hire a motorhome or camper van which you can then park on the hardstandings in the main SGL area. I did this for SGL 9 although the one I hired was a bit too big, but I really enjoyed myself. This year I hired a smaller camper van  - but it broke down! I'm sure that you won't be that unlucky. I may give it a go next year with the same approach on the basis that lightning won't strike twice

Kerry  

OK. Another option is to hire a motorhome or camper van which you can then park on the hardstandings in the main SGL area. I did this for SGL 9 although the one I hired was a bit too big, but I really enjoyed myself. This year I hired a smaller camper van  - but it broke down! I'm sure that you won't be that unlucky. I may give it a go next year with the same approach on the basis that lightning won't strike twice

Kerry  

I heard about cars and things breaking down!  I hope it waasn't too bad.  I'm sure you're right and it won't happen again this year  :)

I had a pod last year but it was too far away from everyone. Hopefully this year I can get a pod that is close by the Hog roast.

Alternatively if someone has a wheel-arch I can sleep under I would be most grateful :laugh:

• 4 months later...
On 18 June 2015 at 10:23, ant said:

Morning all,

I have pleasure in confirming that the dates for the SGL 11 Starparty are as follows...

March 9th - 14th 2016. - Main days will be the Friday / Saturday / Sunday.

More details are to follows. But we WILL be having the Hog Roast again this year :).

All bookings will be through SGL as per previous years.

As more things are set, we'll let you all know.

Thanks
Ant

Any chance of telling us where this will take place?

Archived