SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Auto-Dob and Guide Scope

TiTanecd

Good Morning,

Does any of the guiding softwares out there auto-correct a sync scan auto dob, with the use of a guide scope?

The main use would be to to keep Planets in view so several runs of imaging them can be done in a session. I notice my XT8G does drift out of view ever 10mins at 250x.

If I wanted to take gifs or many shots of something I'd need it to stay more dead on for longer than that.

I have gotten as close to perfect gps coordinates, time to the second etc.

Thanks

Enrico

No way of guiding the dob I'm afraid ...  :embarrassed:

But on the bright side it will track accurately enough for planetary imaging with the webcam.

Make sure that the base is levelled first before aligning the Go-To to maximise the tracking potential , and then you're off , just shoot short videos ... 2-3 minute bursts will be fine ... and let the stacking software do the rest .

Your Orion doesn't look a lot different to my Skywatcher, i do have a PC connection but have never looked at its uses, on tracking, a level base and 2 star alignment it will track DSO's for quite a long time, 45 minutes is the longest i have left it to find the DSO still in the viewfinder 17mm Nagler. 

The Orion and Sky-Watcher are 99% the same, it does the job nicely with eye pieces but around 3000mm with ASI120M it does drift.

It was worth a try to ask, I find it a little strange that some of the algorithms to correct EQ mounts don't have similar application for Alt/Az.

Might get a really accurate level and try again.

Archived