Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Eyepiece Survey

philsail1

I'm trying to compile a chart listing the most suitable eyepieces for any particular telescope.

If anyone is interested, I would be grateful if you could let me know (by sending a "pm") what eyepiece(s) you find most suitable for your particular scope.

You do not have to give your name (or your e-mail address), as I will not be identifying or quoting any individual on the survey.

When completed I intend to post the list of suitable eyepieces for particular scopes, in the "Beginners" section, with a view to helping people get the best eyepiece for their scope(s).

To keep things straight forward, I only need the following information:-

1. The Make of scope you have.

2. Make, type and size of eyepiece which in your opinion, works best with that scope.

3. If the same eyepiece works well with any other scopes you have, please include them in your information. Don't bother with names of suppliers, or prices of eyepieces or scopes.

I would be grateful if you could put an abbreviation alongside the eyepiece:-

G = Good General Views

WF = Good Wide Field Views

NF(Narrow Field) = Good For Planetary Views.

ER = Good eye Relief.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

many thanks,

philsail1

Hello Brian,

I'm sorry that I can't help you here, (I don't have the technical knowledge!) but if you put your request in the "Beginners" section, or the "Equipement Discussion" sections, you will probably obtain help more quickly.

Best wishes,

philsail1

Slightly off subject but can someone tell me what the specs are (focal length, AFOV etc) for the 10mm & 25mm Plossl eyepieces that Skywatcher supply with their Dob scopes?

Thanks,

Brian.

Brian,

The 10mm and 25mm focal length eyepieces that I got with my Skywatcher Skyliner 200P have a AFOV of around 52 degrees but I'm not convinced that they are plossls - they are labelled Super 10 Long Eye Relief and Super 25 Wide Angle Long Eye Relief. My guess is that they are a Kellner type design (ie: a 2 element eye lens and a single element field lens). Both appear to be coated but not fully multi-coated I suspect !.

For low cost eyepieces they work quite well but mine don't get used much as I have some nice Tele Vue alternatives ;)

John

2 element eye lens and a single element field lens...

Pretty much the truth, I seem to remember... having sacrificed one in the cause of "science"! ;)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't resist finding out what "the insides" look like from time to time :(

John

Archived