Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Very nice. I remember seeing one of those on a very cold frosty morning on top of a mountain in Scotland. It seemed to be caused by the sunlight shining through ice crystals on the pointed summit. A very unusual sight.

Very nice. I remember seeing one of those on a very cold frosty morning on top of a mountain in Scotland. It seemed to be caused by the sunlight shining through ice crystals on the pointed summit. A very unusual sight.

Now I know the proper name I've been searching for other images online. Quite pleased with my plane but a proper human spectre would be quite something to see. :)

I used to see these back in the day when I did a bit of skydiving. They'd appear regularly when the plane was climbing out of cloud. Always a nice sight to behold.

Very nice. Did you just catch the plane as a spectre or did you ever see yourself as one after diving out of the aircraft?

I just remembered that I tried to photograph it and have managed to track it down. Not the best photography in human history but it proves I wasn't imagining it :smile:

Summit of Schiehallion, 6th November 2010...

post-33858-0-51869000-1434210438.jpg

post-33858-0-10952400-1434210584.jpg

I remember it as a full circle but couldn't find an angle to photograph it from without the rock that it was projecting from being in the way. The only way I could have done that would have been to step off the edge and hover for a few seconds Wylie Coyote-style before plummeting 3,000 feet back to the car park :eek:

Now I know the proper name I've been searching for other images online. Quite pleased with my plane but a proper human spectre would be quite something to see. :)

Very nice. Did you just catch the plane as a spectre or did you ever see yourself as one after diving out of the aircraft?

Just the plane on the ascent. During the descent I was usually concentrating on keeping my bowels closed! :grin: :grin: :eek:

Archived