Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The plough with a compact camera

Hi all i've not posted in a long time but am just getting back into it again , i bought a Skywatcher virtuoso mount recently and have also been testing the Canon CHDK software hack on my Canon powershot sx260 compact so thought i'd see what results i could get combining both . Conditions were far from ideal as there was a light cloud layer and seemed to be more light pollution than usual which was possibly down to the cloud layer but i just couldn't resist getting out and having a play :) . The raw information shows the settings as :

Lens set to 7.8mm @ f3.5 ( although on the camera it displayed 15mm fl ) 

Iso 200

Exposure time 45 seconds

Stacked 22 lights and 10 darks

Quick run through Dss and Photoshop cs5

I'm quite happy with the first test results especially under the conditions i had so maybe with a good clear night and stepping up the optical zoom a bit i might even get a few targets to show , i'll be doing plenty more testing hopefully skies permitting so will update as i go , thanks .

The%20Plough.png

The plough.bmp

Archived