Hello from Surrey

Libara

Hi all, 

I am new to stargazing/photography and have been very interested in learning astrophotography and learning astronomy in general.

I have recently bought my first DSLR in the form of a Nikon D3200 along with the stock lens 18-55, also picked up a Nikon 55-300.

I look forward to mingling with this great community and learning a lot! :D

Hi Libara and welcome to SGL, taking your first steps into Astrophotography and Astronomy can be somewhat confusing, many of the forum members would recommend that you invest in a copy of Steve Richards book "Making Every Photon Count" see FLO top of page, this has been the guide for many of our now seasoned imagers, enjoy the forum and your photography :)

Hi and welcome to SGL from another imager! I second the book recommendation further up the page - Something of an imagers bible, don't spend a penny on any kit until you have read it at least twice! There's lots of great wide-field stuff you can do, especially at this time of year with the milky way.

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Archived