Down the Plughole - h-alpa from 3rd June

Luke

One from last week. I am in mono mode at the moment, colouring images has been a lot of going around in circles recently, so I think I want to get some sort of a process going where I do mono first and then colour that. Not true mono, has a hint of colour in there. Oh and I am trying to get a little more deatil out of proms. Although I have proms and disc in the same shot (16 bit mode) I am putting them on layers and processing them separately mostly, so I can try and focus on the proms a bit more without the complications of the disc.

Thanks for looking, Luke

18517340419_1449d852dc_b.jpg

---

3rd June, 2015

Equinox 120, Quark Chromosphere, Grasshopper 3 camera (ICX687), 0.5x reducer, sink

Thanks, Craig, Dave, daazzaa and Dave!

Craig, I thnk I will separate proms and disc at birth now, I seem to get better detail with different sharpening for proms (larger radius than for disc) :confused:

Dave, what's a mosaic? :grin:

Here's my go at at a colour version without going round in circles, using the processed mono as the starting point for colour. I might get some more practice if the weekend forecast is right, plenty of processing time with no sun to capture :grin:  Have been lucky though to get Sol three times in the morning this week.

18710925975_8e74e5e70d_b.jpg

Archived