Quark experimenting today

Davey-T

Set up the Quark with new adapter and Baader Click Lock today, a nice solid straight camera connection at last  :happy7:  Only had an hour or so of late Sun ,so  tried experimenting with Quark setting, blowing a gale so videos a bit dodgy.

The one at 9.0 o'clock appears to be best

Three images one with Quark set at 9.0 o'clock position, one at centre position and one at the 3.0 o'clock position, all proccessd with the same settings.

Dave

9.0 o'clock                                                           

post-21198-0-69073000-1433962559_thumb.p  

3.0 o'clock

post-21198-0-88784500-1433962563_thumb.p

Centre

post-21198-0-97825500-1433962616_thumb.p

Nice set Dave. At this time of the year usually earlier is better, there is less turbulence from the thermal heating of the air.

Robin

I meant the setting knob on the Quark not the time of day,all taken between 4 and 5 this afternoon, sorry if it's confused people. :)

Dave

The only other image from today.

post-21198-0-49128400-1433967365.png

I meant the setting knob on the Quark not the time of day,all taken between 4 and 5 this afternoon, sorry if it's confused people. :)

Dave

The only other image from today.

attachicon.gifProm-10-06-15-FC.png

Ah right, 'I am with stupid'. Tuning either side of neutral is required when the Quark isn't square in the scope, it is compensating for tilt. Unless, of course your Quark isn't spot on in the first place. Generally offset tuning to compensate for tilt leads to a lower finesse or bandwidth, but if that is the correct setting you just have to go with it.

Still your images are cracking so I would go with the 9 o'clock position. Personally I prefer about 5pm Friday......

Robin

Nice images, Dave! I'll go 9 as well :laugh:

I have two Quarks that defnitely like different tunings to each other. The older one seems to be about 3 clicks clockwise, the newer one I use on neutral at the mo, need to test one click counter clockwise I think, though am happy with it already on neutral. Just checking in case, no harm seeing if it can do a little more :laugh:

Could never settle on one setting before as the camera was never remotely square in the focuser now with Baader Click Lock fitted the position should be pretty square and repeatable.

Dave

Archived