Hello from Buckinghamshire

KevinH1975

Hello Everybody,

I am having problems with my NexImage 5 camera, or should I say the software, iCap 2.2. frown.png

Basically, as soon as I touch the sharpness slider, I get the blue screen on my computer. I have tried it on a laptop and a desktop, both the same in terms of crashing. confused.png

Has anyone else experienced or solved this issue? eusa_wall.gif

Many thanks,

Kevin

Hi Damian,

1. Intel Quad Core Q6700 2.66GHz (not an AMD)

2. Windows 7 64 Bit

3. 6GB

4. 18GB free on primary SSD, 700GB free on secondary HDD

I doubt that this is the problem (although I maybe wrong)... I have looked at a lot of posts on various forums/Google, I haven't found any clue why this is happening or anyone experiencing the same (hence I joined SGL ). Admittedly my netbook which I used originally was a low spec Intel 0.5GB RAM, I wasn't expecting to have the same issue with my desktop.

Hi Kevin,

As you may have guessed from my first q there are issues with amd processors and this s\w... ThereThere are some refs to it on cloudy nights. I'll have a dig tomorrow eve, but I bet someone will have the answer for you by then. Spec of the PC is not an issue and you have it set up well. May be an opengl issue, niggling in my mind might be a 64bit compatibility prob.

Once folk have said their hello's might be worth asking the mods to move this to one of the help / advice forums.

Hi kevin and welcome to SGL, it is inevitable that you may receive help here in the Welcome section, but it may be limited. Your best course of action is to repost your inquiry into the appropriate section of the Imaging side. This has many followers, using all sorts of diverse equipment, it is here that you may find the answer to your problem, best of luck and enjoy the forum and your Astronomy :)

Archived