Skytee 2 mount - Slo Mo adjustment advice.

Hello all.  I have Slo Mo controls fitted to my Skytee.  The up / down ( North - South  ) slo mo cable works immediately if I am changing the  direction of travel of the mount.  However the left / right  ( East - west )  takes up to 3 turns of the Slo Mo cable before it starts to turn in the direction required.

I've had a play with the tension of the locking nuts but cannot seem to get it moving,  like the up / down axis runs.

I have noted that one of the locking nuts does not seem to tighten up fully.  May have a stripped thread issue.  It's not loose but it isnt as tight as the other bolts.

Would anyone know what size,  maybe an "M" bolt,  would fit the mount to replace this.

Advice comments welcome as always. 

Thanks in advance    John

If you could post some pictures of the issue you describe that help in identifying the problem. Do you mean the little caphead bolts for adjusting tension? It's probably an M3 or M4, I'll confirm later when I'm at home. Tensioning isn't hard, but you need to allow some time for trial and error/messing around

Hi

3 turns of the slow motion doesn't sound like back lash to me, 1/4 or 1/2 a turn could be backlash but not 3 turns.

I had a similar problem so I stripped the mount down and it wasn't good news.

Unfortunately on my mount a large number of teeth (30%) on the main worm wheel were damaged / missing. I'm fortunate that I have a milling machine with suitable tooling so I have just finished making a replacement worm wheel out of a good quality bronze.

The Skytee II is a great mount and is exceptional value for money, however when you take it apart you can see why it's so cheap. It's doesn't have any real bearings, just plastic bushes and the quality of the worm wheels is very basic.

I hope your fault isn't the same as mine.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Evening all. Hoping to resurrect this thread please. I didn't follow this up at the time but think I need to now.  Still looking to see if anyone can confirm the "M" size for the adjustment bolts on a Skytee 2 mount as per the picture.  I've removed one of the bolts over the weekend and I'm sure a thread has stripped.  

Trip to the diy.com store as soon as I know a size -  as above  M3 / 4 has been suggested. Will by a few for future replacement as required. 

Thanks in advance, as always.  

John 

Archived