Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My first Jupiter and Saturn

slim80

Hi

Just thought id share my first Jupiter and Saturn images both avi's 1500 frames each seeing wasn't great the camera im using is rubbish (we all have to start somewhere).I first ran the avi's through Registax6 but the end result of stacking was pants so I tried AS!2 (best 500 frames used) with much better results and just done wavelets and a bit off gamma in Registax.Still a hell of alot of improvement to be made but im only on the first rung of the imaging ladder and im ok with the end results.Im just happy that I managed to get a little bit of detail out of the images as the avi's were terrible.

post-10993-0-70522500-1433776716.jpg

post-10993-0-11479500-1433776775.jpg

Attempts like that remind me of myself when I started to get into plane spotting. To photograph planes at high altitude, I used compact camera paired with 16x50 binoculars :). Results were Rubbish at the beginning, but before I got DSLR was sure I won't squeeze anything else from my gear :). Good days, fun is all that matters!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived