SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

How do i get Jupiter + Moons in shot

Hi

Im new to the imaging world and was wondering how i get jupiter and some moons on my neximage 1mp.I can get jupiter on screen fine using a 2x barlow straight into the eyepeice holder, but how do i increase the FOV to get some moons in shot too.

Cheers

Are you sure the moons are out of the field of view? If you are correctly exposing for Jupiter, it could be that the moons are in shot but too faint to see. You could try a longer exposure or higher gain setting to test this. If that is the case, take two shots, one for the planet and one for the moons and then composit them together.

If they are simply out of shot. Take the Barlow out ;)

Can't see that they will be out of shot, but if the usual method of focusing is to increase gain and get the moons pin sharp then decease for the planet capture, then the moons can disapear into the background.

If you want a family image, then high gain for the moons, but the planet will be blown out. ( at least in my very limited capturing experience.)

I suppose that 2 captures combined in PS could give planet detail and the moons. OH Rik already said it.

Archived