Large binoculars on a Skytee 2

Recently acquired a pair of Helios Quantum 5's, obviously they are not a hand hold version at 7.2kg and require a decent mount to support them.

When I tried them on the Skytee 2 I found that the OE bar was not long enough when using a counterweight. The solution was to get a new bar made (260mm long) and it now works perfectly right up to zenith.

Looking forward to first light with the new set up tomorrow night.

post-13264-0-78376900-1433262391_thumb.j

post-13264-0-05867700-1433262386_thumb.j

Outstanding, the SKytee II is a really versatile mount.  You know the rules new kit = 30 nights of cloud, two tubes = 60.. I do like your optomism for clear skies tomorrow.. My local has a similar sign :grin: .. Look forward to the obsy report.

Recently acquired a pair of Helios Quantum 5's, obviously they are not a hand hold version at 7.2kg and require a decent mount to support them.

When I tried them on the Skytee 2 I found that the OE bar was not long enough when using a counterweight. The solution was to get a new bar made (260mm long) and it now works perfectly right up to zenith.

Looking forward to first light with the new set up tomorrow night.

P1050971.JPG

P1050972.JPG

That setup looks the nuts!

Out last night, and probably tonight as well.

Great widefield views only let down my the intense full moon, heres hoping for darker skies shortly.

Skytee 2 works brilliantly and the whole setup is easy to use, even the OE ep's are not shabby either.

As a comparison I also tried TV32mm plossls and TAL 25mm super plossls but need a few more nights to decide which work the best.

I can see this is going to be a long term relationship which may result in me selling my Baader binoviewers  :shocked:

Archived