Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I just wanted to say sorry

Imp_Perfect

I have been absent for a long time  but I have not forgotten you all.

I have been seriously ill unfortunately and nearly went up to those beautiful stars permanently.

Now I find I am going blind  so my time observing is truncated.  But I will try to keep in touch.

Clear skies to each and all.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. Err. What to say?

Except good luck and be in the moment.

Memories get better over time. Really rarely lives up to it.

I'm sure that there are many on here who would benefit from your experience (astronomical or otherwise)

Paul

Thank you for your kind words Paul.

In my experience contracting deadly diseases that nobody has heard of is an exciting way to pack in the internet for a while  ........  Not really recommended though  HA HA HA :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Crikey, sounds like you have really had a rough time! :(

You obviously have some tough challenges ahead, very hard to lose your ability to observe (amongst other things of course)

On the positive side, you are here, can still enjoy life and it would be great for you to be able to stay in touch with the forum.

The very best of luck, and take care!

Stu

Thanks for that.  Yes it has been hard and will be for a long time, but I am a stubborn ol' sod and they are not getting m just yet.  LOL

I intend to be the first oap who is blind to land on Mars with a 21 year old nubile co-pilot  LOL LOL

I'm really sorry to read this, I am pleased that you have recovered from your illness. But the news on the eyesight isn't good to hear.

I hope that in reality it's not as bad as the prognosis...

Take care, and good luck with Mars :)

ant

Seems to me you have a superb sense of humour, and  that alone is a powerful

antidote to many ailments. You keep laughing and smiling, and you will find

that not only will you aid yourself, you will make those around you feel 

good too.

My best wishes to you, and I hope it turns out nice for you  :icon_salut: :icon_salut:. 

Ron.

Hopefully not to intrude, but future blindness is at the back of my mind.

Blindness / Partial Sight came to both my Grandfather and Mother... :o

I suspect for other reasons (debauched youth? lol) I may not LIVE long

enough to find out. But I do vaguely "prepare" via VIDEO Astronomy. ;)

Who knows? I imagine I might be able to see a computer screen, if not

directly via a telescope eyepiece. My observing skills were never great!

What wonderful people you are  I only wanted to say sorry for my absence and give a brief explanation why.  But now  you have made me feel a lot better.  In fact  I may be able to manage a beer right now  (hint hint)

Got to admit that when the priest was standing over me I was thinking "This is it, now is my chance to see what is really out there."   And disappointed to find I kept waking up and getting better.   LOL  

Actually  I did see a monstrous vision when I first woke up....... it was my sister rifling through my pockets  LOL LOL  ( They needed a place to stay and were after my house keys)

Even my boss visited me in hospital  :)   (But only to ask when I could be back at work)   :mad:

But anyway I really want to thank you all for your kind words.

Now I will have to see if I can set up a scope attached to a computer.  Never really considered it before.

Thanks for that.  Yes it has been hard and will be for a long time, but I am a stubborn ol' sod and they are not getting m just yet.  LOL

I intend to be the first oap who is blind to land on Mars with a 21 year old nubile co-pilot  LOL LOL

I just love your attitude to life and what it throws at you. Your sense of humour in the face of adversity is second to none and (i hate to use this word out of context when its not proper to do so) inspirational.

I just love your attitude to life and what it throws at you. Your sense of humour in the face of adversity is second to none and (i hate to use this word out of context when its not proper to do so) inspirational.

I am very lucky to have always had a sense of humour.  Yes sometimes recently it has been a bit tense, but if you can't smile about stuff when you have no control, then life is going to be either very painful or very boring.   I even saw the funny side when my new car was written off after 1 month of ownership.   Sort of.  A bit.   In fact  Kill the swine that hit it.  LOL

All the best for the future! As well as radio astronomy to listen for meteors, I remember NASA (I think) working on a project to produce models of DSO's for the visually impaired. You could always become a NASA conultant! Onwards and upwards!

As my old army sergeant used to say, "The sucking chest wound (bullet etc through a lung) is natures way of telling you to slow down!"

All the best,

Andrew

I am very lucky to have always had a sense of humour. Yes sometimes recently it has been a bit tense, but if you can't smile about stuff when you have no control, then life is going to be either very painful or very boring. I even saw the funny side when my new car was written off after 1 month of ownership. Sort of. A bit. In fact Kill the swine that hit it. LOL

I'm glad you feel this way. Materialism hits us harder than we usually know. I would now ask you if there is anything we as a community can offer you as help?

I'm glad you feel this way. Materialism hits us harder than we usually know. I would now ask you if there is anything we as a community can offer you as help?

No not really Roy thank you for the kind offer but in all honesty I can not think of anything (apart from snippets of advice I may ask for now and again)

I live on Angelsey, so any local kind hearts who would like to show me their setup  may prove useful I suppose.   Not sure if there is a society near where I live.

No one knows whats round the corner for sure, but I hope the future turns out better than you expect.

Sounds like you're up for a laugh still, and like others have said this can only be a good thing :)

Best wishes for the future!

Archived