sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

M57 shot on the Orion Starshoot Deep Space Video Cam II

One of my favorite planetary nebulae is rising in the northeastern sky (above that big oak tree)! The ghostly M57, the Ring Nebula, approx. 2300 light-years away and between 6,000 and 8,000 years old (when the outer layers of the parent star exploded), shot on the Orion Starshoot Deep Space Camera II (at maximum sensitivity setting in color) through the Orion StarMax 127. Original music: "Apochromatic (dub version)".

Enjoy!

Reggie

• Like 5
  • 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Puffafish
      Over the winter I got into playing with a phone mount on my telescope eyepiece and got some pictures of the moon... But not much else as there are always limitations on what a phone camera can do (and how well I can align the camera to the eyepiece).

If I was to upgrade to a camera to mount onto my scope, what should I be looking for? I have been tempted to give it a go with whatever I can find on ebay or similar, but don't want to buy something only to discover that it's lacking something important. The only thing I know to look for at the moment is to make sure there is a suitable mounting ring for the camera (a T ring I believe they're called).

My targets will probably be: Orion nebular, Jupiter and Saturn to start with. This is purely because these are targets I know I can find.

Scope: Skywatcher Explorer 130P (650mm focal length, 130mm diameter)
    • By wavydavy
      For sale 450D camera modified for astronomy, the IR filter has been removed to allow the important red emission nebula to come through. The price is £140.
      This camera has a very low shutter count of 1588, in very good condition, comes with 1 battery and charger (connects via USB to computer or smart phone socket ect ), I don't have the original box, but will pack, very well. The price includes special delivery. This is for the camera body, no lens. Any questions please email me any questions......clear skys.

• By StarPrincess
      Moon Surface with AstroDinsk
      23 April 2021 21:35
      Celestron Nexstar 6SE
      ZWO ASI astrocamera 462mc

• By StarPrincess
      Sun on March 20, 2021 with Astrodinsk <3
    • By StarPrincess
      Moon Surface 16 April 2021 21:32 Celestron NexStar 6SE ZWO ASI 462mc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.