SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Saturn with my new set up

My first effort with my new scope - posted details yesterday in observing. Accidentally landed on Saturn and spent nearly two hours! 

I had been trying my imaging setup - early days!! and got some images of the moon - will post separately,,, BUT just looked at some of my apparently blank images from the camera and I actually got Saturn. Raw image is way too big at 19Mb but I've posted this cropped jpeg... not for criticism please - just because I'm so pleased I got htis by accident and it is my first ever Saturn image  :laugh: post-41919-0-00772400-1432852575_thumb.j

Thought I'd attach the image I took with my Saturn capture in it - hopefully you can see why I was pleased as it was only curiousity that even made me search the raw images when they appeared to have captured nothing!

So although the final image wasn't very good when you see where it came from and how lucky the catch was...

Saturn 27.5.15 TV85 EOS100D raw.tiff

Archived