Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Show us your Frac

58 minutes ago, Chris Lock said:

imagine such a thing! :) Do wish they would do an SW ED140 though :) 

I guess the APM 140 FPL-53 doublet is the next best thing ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zhao said:

My little desktop refractor, absolutely portable and rocksolid.:happy6:

Zhao

image1.JPG

Is it just me or does that tabletop mount setup look like it was modelled on ED209's foot? :icon_biggrin:

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, rwilkey said:

Just to make you more jealous, here's mine (a year after your post!):

moonlite_focuser_refractor.jpg

Congrats! I sold the ED100 to free up funds, so now I can be jealous of both your Moonlite and your ED100 ;) 

I just have a little Vixen 80mm achro currently, it's well built but not that impressed with the lens so far....needs another outing to be sure. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rwilkey said:

Very surprised, the ED100 is a cracking scope in my opinion!

Well I didn't want to sell it, Robin. The ED100 IS a cracking scope! Luckily it's gone to someone I know and like from the forum which made it more bearable :) I had the perfect storm of several big expenses hit me at once you see, so ended up selling the ED100 and Heq5 plus other bit's and bobs, then replaced them with cheaper alternatives to free up cash. I'm not enjoying the cheaper alternatives if I'm honest, it seems that either you get a good lens and lousy build quality or good build quality and not so great lens (subject to further testing).   

5 minutes ago, Alien_Photons said:

That looks tidy and a fun. Curious about the tripod and AYO. 

The tripod is an Induro AT413 and the AYO is the MK1 version - smaller than the MK2. As you see it in FC76Q mode the damping times are ok - in shorter lighter modes [FS60CB, FS60Q, FC76] better.

The FC76 objective and AYO were bought recently from a nice chap who did me a bundle price. :-) I don't think he frequents this forum though.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, surfindogg said:

The tripod is an Induro AT413 and the AYO is the MK1 version - smaller than the MK2. As you see it in FC76Q mode the damping times are ok - in shorter lighter modes [FS60CB, FS60Q, FC76] better.

The FC76 objective and AYO were bought recently from a nice chap who did me a bundle price. :-) I don't think he frequents this forum though.

Smart looking setup, I didn't realise you could use the Q module with the 76 objective, but I don't see why not thinking about it. I find all the Tak stuff/configurations a bit confusing if I'm honest :happy8:

18 minutes ago, Chris Lock said:

Smart looking setup, I didn't realise you could use the Q module with the 76 objective, but I don't see why not thinking about it. I find all the Tak stuff/configurations a bit confusing if I'm honest :happy8:

It works really well. The whole idea came from Dirk Steel [Matthew] and Stu here on SGL. Basically four scopes which will hopefully fit in to a Peli case I have. Just need to sort out the foam. 

• Like 3