Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Show us your Frac

After having a two-month wait I picked up this brand new tsa-120 in Hong Kong. This is my dream scope for years and finally I am a proud owner of TAK.:happy7: Here it is: tsa120 + Vixen sxp

Zhao

IMG_9932.JPG

IMG_9934.JPG

IMG_6233.jpg

IMG_9966.JPG

• Like 21

On 2 September 2016 at 08:03, Chris Lock said:

Congratulations on your dream scope Zhao! It's a great choice for a dream scope and looks absolutely beautiful I must say! Have you had the chance to look through it yet?

Not yet, cloudy and rainy all the week... In fact, even in clear nights I (as well as most Chinese urban stargazers) will find it difficult to enjoy the night sky because of the light pollution and very high density of tall buildings. This is why I miss the years that I was living in the UK...

Anyway, if the weather allows I will drive to the rural place to enjoy my new scope next weekend. I cant wait to look the night sky through a Tak, but the daytime test is, of course, really impressive - sharp, very high contrast, and no false colour at all.:icon_biggrin:

Zhao

• Like 1

Okay my first new frac for a long time and all being well my last until i win a huge pile of lotto cash, not a mega scope but i like to think it will be a good workhorse, a bit of Luna viewing and imaging small amount of Planetary viewing for quick sessions and a little DSO viewing plus maybe hooking up the 1000D for a bit of basic deep sky snap shots plus some whit light Sol viewing and imaging...........My ED80

ED80 frac (1).JPG

ED80 frac (2).JPG

ED80 frac (3).JPG

ED80 frac (4).JPG

• Like 12

On 9/7/2016 at 21:43, Chris Lock said:

Your ED80 looks really smart on the AZ4 Jules, and your going to really like the views for it's aperture :)

Very true, already impressed with Luna views, i have had a few 80mm scopes and they all have been good, had a Vixen 80 custom and was silly to have sold it, my TS80 F7.5 should be going up for sale but maybe not.......

• Like 1

The ED80`s are cracking scopes, punch well above there size, this will be my most used scope, but the 150 pro will still come out to play, Michael you could paint the scope white like you did with the evo 120, you did a very nice job on that, i need to work out field of view with ED80 and Revelation 42mm 2" ep its 65 degree

• Like 1

The Equinox 80 I had was cracking. Lovely views and contrast, and I remember some lovely pinsharp views of the moon with it. Fantastic as a grab and go/holiday scope too. Regret selling it in many ways. Hope you get many hours of pleasure out of the ED80 Jules.

1 hour ago, parallaxerr said:

ST120 added to the frac stable. Fitted the standard dual speed crayford from the ED80 and wrapped & flocked the dew shield, looking forward to first light :)

IMG_1701.JPG

IMG_1702.JPG

IMG_1703.JPG

IMG_1704.JPG

I like the wrapping on the dew shield. I may wrap mine up too, as it matches the dark body of the scope too. Got the full inside of my scope fully flocked, even inside my Crayford focuser tube, so no stray light bouncing about in my ST120! Where did you get the wrapping from? 

• Like 2