SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Show us your Frac

Very nice :) I bet you have to watch out for that pool in the dark! 

Ever fallen in by stepping back?

Truth be known, the only time I've fallen in the pool was during the daytime.  The pool edges are curved, and I was walking back to the scope area and not paying attention... literally walked into the pool.  Fortunately, I didn't have my cell phone in my pocket and the only "serious" thing that got wet was the Glock on my hip.

Lesson Learned.

• Like 3

Truth be known, the only time I've fallen in the pool was during the daytime.  The pool edges are curved, and I was walking back to the scope area and not paying attention... literally walked into the pool.  Fortunately, I didn't have my cell phone in my pocket and the only "serious" thing that got wet was the Glock on my hip.

Lesson Learned.

You have a gun on your hip for observing!  :eek:

Can't quite get my head around this picture, Photoshop comes to mind.

post-27626-0-74171800-1432997070_thumb.j

The counterbalance looks all wrong, any sideways movement at all and over it goes.

Why would anyone assemble such a rig, with so much inherent danger.

Does anyone know what scopes they are??

More fracs from my past. Original Skywatcher ED100 "blue tube", Orion (USA) ED80 and a Bresser Uranus 102mm F/9.8 AKA the Vixen SP102M in stealth colouration :smiley:

post-118-0-17090600-1432998384.jpg

post-118-0-22747600-1432998412.jpg

post-118-0-21670300-1432998434_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Trazor,

I agree with you the weight of this would be well over 200 KG look at the tires on the back, not even flattened and look at the size of the mount post. PS without a doubt!

Alan.

I was wondering about the mount post myself but didn't even notice the tires! 

Or this one?

f3e328e8f5144320f59d9233a16ecde7.jpg

I confess the balance point looks very strange front to back, and it's clearly not designed for fast cornering ;), but it doesn't look photoshopped to me

• Like 2

I saw some pretty scary balancing acts involving bicycles, chicken baskets and broken washing machines when I was in China last year, I have no doubt this set up would be a piece of cake for them :laugh:

• Like 1

here are couple of pics of my Vixen Atlux 150. original 4" focuser unit has been removed and replaced with 2.5" Moonlite.I binoview and everything is done so that i reach focus in "Native" mode without the aid of OCS or Barlows. Binoviewer is a custom made Zeiss with 30mm prisms and 30mm openings on both sides (telescope and eye piece),prisms are off very high accuracy and Zeiss T* coated for extra light transmission.Pairs in picture are Baader Eudiascopic 35mm with 29mm field stop.No vignetting or any other artifacts,just clear image and perfection.There is currently a plan to completely overhaul the Vixen but it is currently on stop for some time until other things get sorted.

DSC00056.jpg

DSC00058.jpg

28lchg0.jpg

DSC00059.jpg

ru0ied.jpg

• Like 15

Looks fabulous Gaidis. I'm very glad I followed your lead with the AZEQ6, it handles the Vixen beautifully.

Still can't get on with binoviewers, just sold my third pair!