Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Show us your Frac

Nice! :grin:

Which Starwave is that? Looks too thin for a 152 and too short for a 102 :confused:

nice mount. Never seen one of those before bug it looks solid and uncomplicated. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DRT said:

Nice! :grin:

Which Starwave is that? Looks too thin for a 152 and too short for a 102 :confused:

nice mount. Never seen one of those before bug it looks solid and uncomplicated. 

Its the 110mm Derek, and thank you the mount is very solid and can hold 15kg one the larger side and the amount that balances it on the other dependent on how far they are apart. (the secondary mount has taken some thorough investigating to find out what it can hold but its roughly 15kg one side and 9kg on the other) It is the new Ioptron AZ Pro GoTo.

Edited by Pig

Just now, DRT said:

Very nice - hope you have clear skies tonight :wink:

I got to use it last night Derek and posted a review in the new equipment forum.

• Like 2

Thank you Chris, I think refractors always result in a good looking set up ..... there is just something very aesthetically pleasing to the eye about them :happy7: So two in one session is twice the pleasure :hello:

Edited by Pig
  • Like 3

Hi Chris,

I sold my LightWave 60EDT last week and got this today. It is much lighter and I do indeed want to put it on the StarAdventurer as a travel kit and easy to setup rig. A focal length of 260mm with the flattener/reducer makes it it a rather nice option for either a DSLR or a small pixel CCD. Maybe even a good enough excuse to try out an ASI1600. I really hope it lives up to expectations as the Lightwave never really did it for me as a grab and go and I love the ease of a lightweight setup. A polemaster adaptor for the StarAdventurer arrived today as well :)

• Like 1

On ‎06‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 09:58, John said:

Indeed it is Shaun :icon_biggrin:

takandsw01.JPG

takandsw02.JPG

How are you finding this tripod John? Was that the one I spotted on astroboot some time ago. I was tempted myself. Apparently TS in Germany used to sell them but alas no more :(

6 minutes ago, spaceboy said:

How are you finding this tripod John? Was that the one I spotted on astroboot some time ago. I was tempted myself. Apparently TS in Germany used to sell them but alas no more :(

It's excellent !

I got it from the Astroboot. It's the same one that comes with the huge 45/90 degree binoculars:

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/helios/helios-quantum-7-25x100-binoculars.html

With the addition of a DIY plate I found that it would fit the Giro mount easily. Its at least as stable as the 2" CG5 tripod that I used before and a touch taller as well. Better looking too, IMHO :D

Edited by John
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, MattJenko said:

Hi Chris,

I sold my LightWave 60EDT last week and got this today. It is much lighter and I do indeed want to put it on the StarAdventurer as a travel kit and easy to setup rig. A focal length of 260mm with the flattener/reducer makes it it a rather nice option for either a DSLR or a small pixel CCD. Maybe even a good enough excuse to try out an ASI1600. I really hope it lives up to expectations as the Lightwave never really did it for me as a grab and go and I love the ease of a lightweight setup. A polemaster adaptor for the StarAdventurer arrived today as well :)

I think I looked at these on the TS site a while ago and wondered about them. It sounds quite versatile for both imaging and visual, it would be interesting to stick a Panoptic in it as I bet it would give quite some FOV. A good alternative to a camera lens with a DLSR I should imagine too. 

Here's wishing you a swift first light so we can find out how it does? And yes, that ASI1600 looks like quite a camera, ZWO seem to be bringing out winner after winner!

Edited by Chris Lock
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, MattJenko said:

My new addition to the family.

Teleskop Express Photoline 60ED.

TS60ED.jpg

That is a nice, very capable little scope. I have the Stellervue brand and it is probably used more than most my scopes. It does everything decently and some very well for its size.

25iu3va.jpg

Edited by SkyGibbon
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, kirkster501 said:

My TEC 140 with Atik 460 and EFW2 on a NEQ6.  NEQ6 will be replaced by a MESU 200 when I know the extent of my tax return damage!!! (and a SW300 in the corner ;) )

IMG_9836.jpg

Mods!! Mods!!!! - There's a sneaky Dob in the Frac thread!!!! :eek:

:lol:

• Like 4