Narrowband

Show us your Frac

8 minutes ago, Stu said:

John! Stop it! How is a chap supposed to resist temptation when it keeps being pointed out to him!! ????

Yes John, don't want to have to report you to the mods for encouraging folk to get into debt :)

Dave

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Davey-T said:

Yes John, don't want to have to report you to the mods for encouraging folk to get into debt :)

Dave

I'm not encouraging anyone to do anything ......... :evil:

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, John said:

I'm not encouraging anyone to do anything ......... :evil:

I believe it's called 'scopeaholic baiting' John, though perfectly allowable in the CoC obviously. ??

• Like 2

1 minute ago, John said:

I'm 100% confident in the ability of everyone on this forum to excercise restraint and common sense, as we always do. :lol:

That reminds me, don't let Derek see this :lol:

I think he'll let me off saying this? ;)

4 minutes ago, ampleamp said:

Oh how I wish I hadn't looked at this thread today, that Pentax is about 6 miles from me. Resist!

Buy it, buy it, buy it, then i will have shown great restraint

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, nightfisher said:

Buy it, buy it, buy it, then i will have shown great restraint

I think you might have to exercise some restraint for a day or two yet ?. I am seriously tempted, by the Pentax but may get my sensible head on tomorrow. Or maybe not. Probably not actually. ?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, John said:

I'm 100% confident in the ability of everyone on this forum to excercise restraint and common sense, as we always do. :lol:

John, I evidently over-estimated your ability to judge others characters!! ??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John said:

You must be talking about me :rolleyes2::lol:

Edited by DRT
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, John said:

Where's the rolling on the ground clutching stomach laughing emo when you need it.

Dave

• Like 4

On 3/6/2016 at 18:26, ampleamp said:

I think you might have to exercise some restraint for a day or two yet ?. I am seriously tempted, by the Pentax but may get my sensible head on tomorrow. Or maybe not. Probably not actually. ?

So will you be bidding on this lovely Pentax ? its way out of my price range and i feel my 150 pro Mak will about match it on solar system, but i have to admit to being rather tempted to do my savings some serious harm 

28 minutes ago, F15Rules said:

Lovely gaggle of francs set off nicely by the ship's funnel in the foreground:-)...(only joking, looks like a 6" or 8" F8 Newt?

Can we have some more info?

Dave

The Newt is a 1970 8" F/8.5 Cave. I redid the whole scope and repainted it.  The other scopes are early 90's Vixen 80 and 102mm and a new AT130 EDT on a G-11.  The Cave beats them all.

Edited by CHASLX200
  • Like 1

On 3/11/2016 at 17:48, F15Rules said:

Lovely collection:-)

Dave

Thanks.  Here is a Tak FS-78 i just got.  Had one years ago and will make a great grab and go for the SP mount.  I don't have it mounted right in the pic as this is just a temp way to mount it until i get the right doevtail.

9hlus0.jpg

• Like 5

Oh my word that Tak is beautiful!

There was an unboxing thread for the Tak 78 last year and it really planted the seed for owning one some day :)

Edit: it was the 76 not the 78, still it made me want a Tak!

Edited by Chris Lock

My Takahashi FC76D before and after an all-nighter at the AstroFarm B&B st Confolens.  A lovely warm evening turned into one of those cold, crisp nights where the dew froze on the dew shield!

Chris

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 4