Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Show us your Frac

1 hour ago, Special K said:

Help has arrived!!!  Haven't had first light yet but I've really got the feeling this was the right thing to do :icon_albino::icon_albino::icon_albino:image.thumb.jpeg.6bda1a3fd5b656fb3ae860fimage.thumb.jpeg.e2045962c7a7c939fb578ceimage.thumb.jpeg.5c09b128c06bf750743cf53

THIS!!!

Second on my list after a 152mm Mak. These Starwaves look beautiful and your pictures are better than any retail ones I've seen. Scope look like it oozes quality :)

• Like 1

The focus feels very proper!   Mechanically, the EQ5 seems fine with it, though a field test of vibration damping is needed.  Easily balanced though as I got two 5kg counterweights with my mount.  

I bought this for deep sky but no doubt will train it on everything going!

4 hours ago, Special K said:

Help has arrived!!!  Haven't had first light yet but I've really got the feeling this was the right thing to do :icon_albino::icon_albino::icon_albino:image.thumb.jpeg.6bda1a3fd5b656fb3ae860fimage.thumb.jpeg.e2045962c7a7c939fb578ceimage.thumb.jpeg.5c09b128c06bf750743cf53

SCOPE!!! I'm seriously considering one of these in replacement of a 200p... I've two other altair frac and I'm impressed with everything about them for there price point..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DevonSkies said:

Looks good. How do you find the size/weight compared to the ST102? Does it still make a good grab-and-go?

For a scope that is only 18mm more aperture i was initially surprised at how much bigger it was. I intend on taking it away on holiday to cornwall with me so it is still just as portable as the 102 was really. I have a padded carry bag which came with it and that makes things a little easier. The vixen porta II folds down to a reasonable size and then one eypeice case. All in all a fairly protable set up i would say. I am considering trying it on the Skywatcher Alt/Az goto mount but i think it will push it beyond the reccomended payload lol

1 minute ago, Bobby1970 said:

For a scope that is only 18mm more aperture i was initially surprised at how much bigger it was. I intend on taking it away on holiday to cornwall with me so it is still just as portable as the 102 was really. I have a padded carry bag which came with it and that makes things a little easier. The vixen porta II folds down to a reasonable size and then one eypeice case. All in all a fairly protable set up i would say. I am considering trying it on the Skywatcher Alt/Az goto mount but i think it will push it beyond the reccomended payload lol

Thanks, that's good info. I have this padded bag for my ST102:

http://www.rothervalleyoptics.co.uk/geoptik-padded-case-for-100mm-refractors-f750.html

and it's actually oversized for the scope - in fact I'm sure an ST120 would fit. I'm wondering if I'm taking that bag on holiday anyway, I might as well fill it up and put an ST120 in it! :icon_biggrin:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DevonSkies said:

Thanks, that's good info. I have this padded bag for my ST102:

http://www.rothervalleyoptics.co.uk/geoptik-padded-case-for-100mm-refractors-f750.html

and it's actually oversized for the scope - in fact I'm sure an ST120 would fit. I'm wondering if I'm taking that bag on holiday anyway, I might as well fill it up and put an ST120 in it! :icon_biggrin:

I have seen a couple of 120's for sale recently, think there is one on astroboot and one on here. They are around the £150 mark i think. I got mine foe £120 so am extremely happy.:-)

Also just sold/part exed the ST102 for a ST80. :-)

20 minutes ago, mikeDnight said:

Though I've posted pics of my frac in the past, I've never posted pics of it undressed before. Honestly, the silly things you do when it doesn't stop raining for months on end!

That's one saucey Takahashi! ;)

• Like 1