Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Show us your Frac

The 60mm would make a cracking finder for it!

Great job on the mount by the way, it looks perfect for the scope :)

You must be strong to set this up and take it down!

I've thought the same thing myself.

Thanks. I'm really pleased with the finish.

Ha! I wasn't before I got it! Seriously though, I need an obsy for it. It's a bit of a struggle as the tripod is just so tall.

• Like 1

Just realised, I've got pics of the scope and pics of the mount posted but non together, so here we go:

Skylight 6" f15 on Fullerscopes Mk4 mount that I recently refurbed, and a couple with the Skylight 60mm f16 for scale. That's a full size table by the way.........

What are you doing to me now.... I specifically said I couldn't handle my starwave being the, and I quote "the cute scope", after the first round of glorious starlight pictures you posted, and now you only go and sandwich it between some more even outrageously glorious starlight pictures!

and you said we were all friends!!!!  :icon_shaking:

obviously I'm joking above, but seriously though, that is a lovely piece of loveliness! :icon_salut:

Edited by Fozzie
  • Like 1

I bet Richard Day took a deep breath when you commissioned him to build that bad boy! Who makes the lens? is it Televue like with his 4" f/15's? 

Chris, the objective is a rare, coated Jaegers (USA) item. Most of their offerings were uncoated. It's a beut!

• Like 2

That 6" f15 scope is a thing of beauty, Odd Thomas. Richard can certainly make a beautiful instrument.  I'd dearly love to own one, but I fear it woudln't get used all that much. The Istar 150mm F10 I had for a few months was a bit too much for me to manage on a regular basis, and I kind of didn't get out nearly as much as I shoud have. That fullerscope mount is magnicent too!

• Like 1

Hi John,

Agena astro in the US used to do an adaptor for the C100ED so you could fit something like a TS monorail, but they have now stopped doing them :(

As you know Moonlite do a flange for most scopes including this one but we're talking about 350 pounds to find. Otherwise it's which annoys me more out of some CA or the C100ED focuser, Hmmm? I think it depends on how much CA.

Anyway sorry I digress from the thread :rolleyes:

The objectives in the C100ED and the C80ED are excellent for the price that you pay for them, maybe a slight overcorrection in the red, but the strehl values are high in these doublets compared to even some triplets which can be found in todays market costing twice the amount. I can live with the focuser being insulated with Teflon.

• Like 1

I can't help but admire the turning on the Moonrakers. Roberto, yours is beautiful! What is that a 3.5" focuser?

I really like the look of the Moonraker Rocket 4" f/11. I was wondering if this has the same optics as the Starwave, Lyra Optics, and TS 4" f/11's ?

I must be one of the few people not to admire the moonrakers, just dont like the look of them

It's a matter of taste I think Jules. I'm sure Mark does a fantastic job of engineering them and I admire that work he puts in but the designs are just not quite how I like a scope to look. I'm quite happy with the classic white tube with black trim. Of course I'm sure he would make one like that, as would Richard at Skylight scopes, if you wanted it that way :smiley:

This is one where others will have different opinions though, which is not at all surprising ! :smiley:

• Like 1