SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Show us your Frac

I bought it when I left school...29 yrs ago!

I can only imagine that was a lot of dosh to someone just left school. It must have a lot of sentimental value, 29 years is about 29 times longer than I've ever kept a scope for! :)

I can only imagine that was a lot of dosh to someone just left school. It must have a lot of sentimental value, 29 years is about 29 times longer than I've ever kept a scope for! :)

YTS!! £27.50 a week but I worked with my dad who doubled it because I worked so hard.....bought my first vespa that year also!!

Edited by estwing
  • Like 3

I remember YTS but I think it got phased out just a little while before I left school? It wasn't much money even then was it! I think I had it relatively good, 78 pounds per week as an engineering apprentice for GEC. I wasn't cool enough for a Vespa though, I bought a Kawasaki AR50 intstead  :grin:

Don't worry Chris, Frac Pack moral is very high :)

Here are a few of mine, past and present. Will take some better pics soon.

Enough already ;)

Wow! that is a super collection! Very nice! 

Love this thread, my contribution

attachicon.gifzz Finished 1.jpg

Lovely and elegant scope! 

Here are the two fracs that I currently own. The Vixen ED102SS in white light solar mode and the Skywatcher ED120:

Your Vixen is a real beauty! 

@deweller25, lovely setup.

Goodness me these cloudy nights + threads like this + eyepiece cases = Orders for FLO :grin:

:grin:

OR.. no new order and look for new targets to observe in a star atlas!  :rolleyes:

Very nice grab n go rig, do you always observe away from home

Yes, I don't have a garden (or a car...). So, I pick up the bike and go to a field. Fortunately, it's only 1.5km from home each way. After cycling 20km to go to work, I don't fancy other heavy cycling! 

I am planning to take the tv60 and my light tripod to work by bike this winter and to stop somewhere on the way home. I believe in the middle of this countryside the milky way is visible.  :smiley:

Edited by pdp10
  • Like 4