Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Show Us Your Dob.....

Sweet stuff, LaH. Won't be your last. :D

I thought I was happy with my humble 400p......

Roll on SW Stargate 500p!! (and maxed out credit card...  :D)

my moto is, if you die in debt you win :smiley: how do you think im ordering my 20" 00 ultra grade mirrors. i win

• Like 3

I bought this 16" Flextube a few weeks ago and have now added a MoonLite CR-2 focuser and some nice sturdy carrying handles which really help when setting up and moving it around...

post-33858-0-05866500-1451387512_thumb.j

post-33858-0-68037100-1451387520_thumb.j

post-33858-0-01730100-1451387527_thumb.j

Now all need is a clear night :rolleyes:

• Like 8

Good modifications, DRT, especially the handles.....

Let it be known to the readers that the 400p, 16" Skywatcher is MASSIVE. If you are less than 5ft 10, you may need steps or a good ballerina's Pointe... :D

I moved my finderscope underneath the focusser as I was on tiptoes on the steps, trying to reach the finder in its default position.

• Like 1

That's exactly why my Telrad is below the focuser - I just couldn't reach the standard finder without risking falling off the ladder :eek:

There has not been a cloud in the sky over my house today so they should be rolling in at around 15:45 :huh:

• Like 2

THAT is a good looking rig Sir, especially nice focuser.  I am curious if you use the paracorr with the Ethos on that scope, or is it un-necessary?

I couldn't help but notice that you have a LARGE telescope and a SMALL barbeque... I guess the budget has to be maintained!

• Like 1

Yes, I have a Type 1 Paracorr that I use with this scope and it really makes a huge difference.

The reason for the small barbeque is that Mrs T is vegetarian so it only needs to cook one 4lb steak at a time :evil:

• Like 1

AstroAdam, nice to hear about it. By the way, I have visited your web-site and figured out that I had read your review about the scope. Thanks for the review and it helped me a lot in my decision "buy or not to buy" ;)

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

• Like 1

I bought this 16" Flextube a few weeks ago and have now added a MoonLite CR-2 focuser and some nice sturdy carrying handles which really help when setting up and moving it around...

attachicon.gifIMG_3920.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_3922.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_3925.jpg

Now all need is a clear night :rolleyes:

Sort of explains why the weather is so bad over there, I have the same focuser but the black one, dark forces Derek.

Nice scope!

Sort of explains why the weather is so bad over there, I have the same focuser but the black one, dark forces Derek.

Nice scope!

Dark Forces indeed, Alan! :mad:

I am hoping this is a good omen for what is to come in 2016...

post-33858-0-12997800-1451493959.png

:thumbsup:

I don't think it has been put together properly. The top cage seems to be 90° out.

Yup - Generally it would be assembled so that the EP is sticking out of the side.... 

Mine is actually modified so that the focuser is at 45 degrees - much easier when you get down loooow....