SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Show Us Your Dob.....

My 18" Plettstone ..... 20" Ultralight ..... and 28" Webster with puddy for scale. Also an iphone 6 snap of Saturn through the 28 from the other night ( the seeing was really good ). I think I have a thing for dobs :tongue:

Luvverly jubberly :-)

Fabulous scopes!

The last thing I want to do it pour water on such wonderful equipment but I remember seeing a guy in America with a 46 inch I think it was, he must be able to sleep in his, placed it in the garden and use the roof to view from.

Great scopes.

My 18" Plettstone .....    20" Ultralight  .....     and 28" Webster with puddy for scale. Also an iphone 6 snap of Saturn through the 28 from the other night ( the seeing was really good ). I think I have a thing for dobs :tongue:

Would I be right in saying they are money trees in the back ground ? Great collection and interested to see you have a similar truss design on the 18" to sky-watchers although I am sure far more refined.

Lots of great scopes on this thread :)

I put this little one together a year ago using an Altair 150p f/5 OTA. The idea was that it would be practice before building a larger truss Dob but that didn't happen.

Now Dobless I'm off to boost moral for the frac clan with a 'show me you frac' thread :grin:  

post-16129-0-37900200-1432840036.jpg

• Like 10

Amazing scope Damian!

Where is it now, can you say?

It's locked up in a garage somewhere in Huddersfield although I think the owner is having it motorised

I look forward to seeing it again probably at Kelling heath later this year where hopefully it will share the skies with its smaller sibling (if I ever get this mirror finished!)

• Like 1