Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Baader steeltrack crayford focuser

I have recently purchased a 2nd hand Baader steeltrack crayford focuser. It seems to work ok, but requires some fine tuning especially when trying to adjust using the fine focus with a filter wheel/camera attached and going against gravity. Anybody got any tips?

All comments gratefully accepted.

I have cracked it, not literally though! The grub screw on the fine focus brass wheel was tight, but the two slightly larger grub screws on the underneath either side of the nylon screws were loose. I am not exactly sure what they press on, the drive shaft i guess. I tightened them up slightly and noticed the difference immediately. Now when i turn the main focus knobs i can see the fine tune spinning much faster!

post-5271-0-29366900-1432837306_thumb.jp

The 2 nylon slot head grub screws either side of large central grub do seem to apply pressure to the draw tube, but look deeper. Without taking it aprt i can not be sure what the grub screws i have adjusted are doing other than they seem to have done the job.

I might drop Baader an email and ask them exactly what the different adjustment screws do ?

Archived