SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My plans for a new ap setup

I notice that a few folks have mentioned the focuser on the FSQ85. I have used a feather touch on a different scope and it really was wonderful to use. This focuser is less so and does have a degree of backlash..... But..... It holds everything nice and square and now I use autofocus I don't even need to touch it. I certainly wouldn't replace it for a FT..... Its more than functional.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I notice that a few folks have mentioned the focuser on the FSQ85. I have used a feather touch on a different scope and it really was wonderful to use. This focuser is less so and does have a degree of backlash..... But..... It holds everything nice and square and now I use autofocus I don't even need to touch it. I certainly wouldn't replace it for a FT..... Its more than functional.

Glad that you have posted that! Everything so far has seemed to indicate it was not the best. I have been thinking of getting a FSQ85 myself and was factoring in the extra cost. Sounds like it may be a few quid saved.

Derek

they are normal mounted filters

Maybe why you are getting some vignetting then. I have the same mounted types. Didn't think about it originally when I bought them. Now I would buy the unmounted types.

Derek

with the Kodak chip I'd certainly be looking elsewhere..... perhaps Moravian. Would I buy a QSI with a Kodak chip I ask myself? I'm afraid I wouldn't.

That's an interesting comment, Sara, why the particular downer on a Kodak sensor in a QSI body? I know you have had problems with the Sony chipped version but is there a known issue with Kodak equipped versions that I should know about?

Archived