SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Io shadow transit - animated

Kakadush

Hello :) 

This is an animation of Io's shadow transit , i like how it looks like Jupiter's red spot is an eye following the moon's movement :p 

Shot with a 5" reflector and an ASI 120 MC - color cam.

Hope you like it :) 

Dan. 

post-42891-0-91821300-1432151965.gif

Brilliant, just got in from watching it and was able to use this to show my wife what I'd been up to! Didn't spot the GRS, may have stopped too soon/didn't know that I should have been looking out for it as well, but Io's shadow was pretty sharp... Very chuffed for my second ever excursion, and this animation has helped me confirm what I was viewing, so thank you!

Thank you all for the kind comments i'm glad you liked it and you encourage me to gather more data and make a longer animation next session 

Brilliant, just got in from watching it and was able to use this to show my wife what I'd been up to! Didn't spot the GRS, may have stopped too soon/didn't know that I should have been looking out for it as well, but Io's shadow was pretty sharp... Very chuffed for my second ever excursion, and this animation has helped me confirm what I was viewing, so thank you!

That's fantastic :) it's great to see that you got an actual use out of it and was able to show your family what you saw , thanks for taking the time to comment ! 

Dan. 

Archived