Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

pyrasanth

M27- lets see your pictures.

Here is my first and only attempt at it so far, from April 2015 - I just started AP this spring. It is unfortunately completely without the faint outer shells. I will try to get them next time. Still, I think the picture has something going for it, maybe because of the spherical impression it gives, like a small soap bubble floating in space - probably a result of my inexperience in processing. It was taken with a Celestron Edge HD 8" (0.7 reducer) on a NEQ6 with a Canon 60Da 2 min ISO 1600, just a single snap shot for 2 min at 1600 ISO, no darks.

post-44514-0-12773000-1445632368_thumb.j

Your image, göran, is very nice. Good colors and some details of nebula. The stars have a little drift, but theirs shape is ok.

For 2 min Iso 1600 single frame it is very well.

M27 is alwasy low at North. I have not good view of it. But I did two times. My best is:

GSO 305 mm - Canon Rebel XT - barlow ED 1.5x - 69 x 30 sec (34 m 30 s) - iso 1600 - no guiding

m27_repro.jpg

Edited by jsmoraes

I'm seeing some lovely deep images of this target in this thread so I think I've got a way to go yet.

Here's my effort from last year, guiding was a bit iffy due to being quite new to it so there was a few issues.

Taken using a modified Canon 1000D & Skywatcher 250P on an NEQ6

I think there's only about an hour & a half worth of data due to only having around 2 hours of darkness to play with but I'd definitely have another go at it.

16778671035_d0af5e95f5_c.jpgDumbbell Nebula Reprocessed Version by tich_dude, on Flickr

• Like 1