Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Last Lunar - K800i phone & 110mm Newt - 130408

SteelRat

This one was at magx64 with a 12.5mm ep. Won't bother usin this phone again. Will wait until I get my free upgrade. At least I managed to get some pics of what I've been looking at in my little Tal1 this past couple of nights so there's that I spose - also it's been a pain bluetoothin em to MY busted phone so I could download em onto my lappy so there's that aswell :(

5245_normal.jpeg

(click to pic to get the big one)

Cheers

Matthew(SR)

Hello Mark. The trick is to get the phone good and lined up with the eyepiece and to hold it nice and steady. I got some pics with my samsung D900 through a 130SLT last year so it will be doable matey 8) When taking a shot of the whole moon in one pic I normally go for x54 but with the SLT being a fast scope the phone was happier imaging closer in. Try your K800i with the brightness turned down 3 clicks to -1 (left 3 on the joystick when the phone is on it's side in camera mode) and everything set to automatic through your 10mm and 4mm eyepieces. Also try your 25mm ep with the x2 barlow. It's nice to have a visual record saved away; look at a bit for a while, take a pic, look somewhere else for a while, take another :( HTH - post what you get.

Marius - I keep the pics from these phones the same scale as they spit them out at 3145782 pix's and crop em to centre. I normally have to shrink the closeups as they can turn out quite rotten. Pretty sure the SE does more to the image than the Samsung as the file sizes are WAY different. Next free upgrade will be a 5mp something. I've never had a go with a proper digital camera yet but I imagine that the principles are exactly the same; get it square, hold it steady, click, 'ooh that is quite nice' (read; breath in, breath out, hold - click). I was planning to buy one but the funds have already been used elsewhere.

My mum has an Olympus 6mp compact camera so when I get my next phone I'll do a 'handheld afocal lunar shootout' (dan-dan-daaaaahn!) between her camera and my phone - be worth a laugh I spose.

Thanks for the nice words folks.

Cheers

Matthew(SR)

Hi Mark.

Have you got a moon filter to put in the scope's eyepiece? That could help with your fast scope if the phone's brightness doesn't. Never need one with my little 110m f7odd. HTH :(

Cheers

Matthew(SR)

yeah i got a moon filter goin out shortly to try :D

Cheers mate. These last few have been from the wife's phone - the SonyEricsson k800i. Heh, my phone (may the poor old thing's focuser rest in pieces) went out a while ago :( I had a try with it out of habit with a little 60SLT last night but ain't looked at the results yet. It wasn't focussing but I'll have a look at em in a bit.

Upgrade is sometime early next month. Don't know what flavour I'm getting yet but it'll be whatever 5mp I can have for free ;)

Matthew(SR)

Archived