Got my first telescope

andyales

Hi my name is Andy,

I have just got my first telescope for my birthday yesterday, setup it up and took it out to the garden for a quick play about with the little clear sky we had in a light polluted area and saw Jupiter and four moons in a line (perfectly aligned) WOW, whole family thought it was amazing and hooked.

I have took photos of aurora and now its time to take some photos of planets and moon to add to my collection, just need to work out how to attach my Pentax DSLR to the telescope.

My system is

Skywatcher Explorer 150P 6" Newtonian 750mm on EQ3-2 mount

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, It will give me a lot of pleasure, just a pity I wasn't able to get a photo of Jupiter.

if the sky is clear tonight I will see what I can see tonight.

Hi Andy, welcome to SGL, starting imaging gets you on a long slippery slope to the realm of the empty wallet!

Some great results can be brought about with the right kit, it doesn't float my boat though so can't advise on that topic.

Enjoy your scope and clear skies°

Ant

Archived