SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NGC4565

Dave Moulton

A new scope arrived the other day WO Megrez 110 Doublet and last night was the first try out despite the moon being in the way. Still you have to have a play don't you.

Dave Moulton

Exposure 50 mins

Camera Baader Modded 350D

Mount EQ6

Guiding PHD Meade DSI & Meade 10"sct

post-14400-133877340246_thumb.jpg

That's a very nice NGC4565 image Dave, plenty of detail and nice 'tight' guiding.

Surprised to see that 16 people had looked at it, without comment :(

Nice work!!

Dave

Dave,

Cheers for the comment. The guiding surprised me as well I struggled to find a bright guide star also I used a few subs where cloud had interfered. I was not that serious about getting a good result with the moon nearby. Just wanted to test the Megrez out as very few people out there are using it for imaging

Dave

Got a red tinge coming in there for some reason. Otherwise it's a cracker of an image for not the easiest of targets. Absolutely beautiful 8)

Andrew

Andrew, You are right I do struggle with processing since I had my camera modded as I have said it did look a bit better on my monitor. I will have to try and reduce that a bit next time and go easy on the black point as well.

Dave

Archived