SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

galaxy s5 adapter

nmoore6

Hey All,

So I'm saving for a DSLR camera to try my hand at imaging, and I'm close to getting one....but not quite there yet. I have done some searches on astrophotography using a cell phone, but I can't find ANY info on the subject that doesn't involve an iPhone. I'm a galaxy s5 owner. i was wondering if any of you knew of an adapter for the telescope that a galaxy s5 would be compatible with, I'd really like to try some planetary imaging before the wait for my DSLR is over. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Nick

There are some universal smartphone adapters, like this one.

And this website has a Galaxy S5 adapter.

I don't have any experience with these kind of adapters, but I do have experience with a simple DIY adapter (from this website).

It does require that you have a spare S5 Case to use (preferably a fairly rigid case).

And it gave me some nice results: Jupiter, Saturn, Moon. (the Setup).

Try Amazon with B00I9RHNNI. Highly recommended. It has a strong clamp on the phone so it won't fall from any angle and also another strong clamp on the eyepiece side. I've used it with a Baader Zoom MrkIII on various setups.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived