Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First attempts at Saturn.

Cracking first go. Well done. The Cassini division is easily seen :) you'll be going for the Encke Gap next time...

Yes, be interested to know what kit you used and how many frames with what settings etc.

They both look a bit dark to me (but only on my iPhone); i'd say try and get the original capture a bit brighter with either longer exposures or a bit more gain. Bit not too bright as you don't want to burn out any detail.

Well done.

James

Thanks guys. Actually , they're both processed but I prefer the second one too. These were on the SPC 900. I did 3 minutes at 10fps then put them through PIPP, processed in Registax although I'm still not sure 100% what I'm doing, I just keep playing until I like the result. The scope is a Skywatcher 200P.

Steve

Great work. For someone who reports they don't know what they are doing you've arrived with great results :)

Are you using a barlow or powermate? If not you should.

The other thing I thought was about screen brightness. My laptop has a very bright screen so things look bright on it; when i transfer those images to my desktop they look much darker, sometimes overly dark. There are bits of kit to help you "standardise" your monitors (like the spyda thing), but you can mostly this this yourself by comparing the same image on them side by side and reducing the brightness and settings on the laptop.

The other way to do it is to use the histogram settings in whatever capture software you are using; lots about that on here somewhere.

James

Archived