Hi from Adelaide South Australia

thdman1511

HI Im trev, im from Adelaide South Australia, (Southern Hemisphere).  Im 48 married.  

I have interested in Astronomy for a long time, and have now entered into Astrophotography, and would like to learn more.

I have a Meade LT-6 ACF f/10 Telescope, with an assortment of super Plossl eyepiece,  Meade DSI II Imager along with accessories to mount my DSLR to the scope.

My other interests are Online Gaming, Photography, Videography, Sci-Fi movies mainly Dr Who and Star Trek.

My aim is to learn more about Astronomy and in particular Astrophotography both with my CCD Imager and DSLR. 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HI Im trev, im from Adelaide South Australia, (Southern Hemisphere).  Im 48 married.  

I have interested in Astronomy for a long time, and have now entered into Astrophotography, and would like to learn more.

I have a Meade LT-6 ACF f/10 Telescope, with an assortment of super Plossl eyepiece,  Meade DSI II Imager along with accessories to mount my DSLR to the scope.

My other interests are Online Gaming, Photography, Videography, Sci-Fi movies mainly Dr Who and Star Trek.

My aim is to learn more about Astronomy and in particular Astrophotography both with my CCD Imager and DSLR. 

Hi Trev,

welcome to the forum.  I was in Adelaide back in October staying with some good friends and really loved my trip.  I thought the skies outside of the city were awesome.  We also went to Kangaroo Island for a few days where the skies were amongst some of the darkest I've seen.  The LMC and SMC were easily naked eye and just mind blowing for me.  I didn't get chance to visit the Adelaide Planetarium though which apparently is very good.  Have you been there at all?  It's on the ticklist for when we come back to visit.

I look forward to seeing some of your imaging results of the Southern hemisphere sky.

Cheers

Tony

Archived