SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Yeah it is a bit pricey although it does work out at £43 with the discount code in their site.

That's interesting Michael. How's that going? Is it due for release soon or beta testing?

It will take a while yet. We are exploring different forms of anisotropic diffusion along with a different kind if adaptive filter based on kernel density estimation. I am also looking into a more adaptive form of unsharp masking, again to avoid blowing up noise in low signal areas

You can download a free trial of either the De-Noise tool or you can get the whole suite on trial . I found the De-noise plug in was only of use but to be honest I did not spend a lot of time with the others.

The renown Planetary imager Christopher Go uses it and refers to it 'Magic' & 'Crazy!' :grin:

Listen in at 28:20+ min mark if you want to hear his opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MeZhlV7p_Y

I use the trial to clean up old images which it did rather well. It is quite expensive but it will save a lot of hassle and time when post processing. Anyway nothing lost in downloading the trial...

I think Noise Ninja is another option.

Hope that helps.

I have never begrudged paying for software that lets me get the best out of the "hardware"  - we can spend a small fortune on scopes cameras filters etc but then scrimp on the  software... unless of course you can get some decent freeware... :)

Peter...

• 5 months later...

I started playing with topaz labs denoise and detail.

Those plugins are great.

Fast previews and very good noise removal and detail extraction with fine control to stop it from looking overcooked. I definitely recommend them.

I added a couple of my images where I had a quick play with denoise and detail, the plugin effects were added to JPEGs in both images and I think the results are worth the money.

As mentioned above, we spend a lot more on hardware than software and spending an odd $80 on a plugin that will give "the edge" to images that will be used a lot is money well spent... pointless stashing money away and being the richest man in the cemetery.

post-43662-0-10752800-1445459864_thumb.j

post-43662-0-15915900-1445459894_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Archived