SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Steel track or Moonlite?

Funny this thread fired up again, I've sold my newt and am buying a S/H WO GT81. It's got the DDG focuser, looks pretty good. Might upgrade a Baader diamond in due course

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I second (or thir) the Baader Diamant it looks like a very good update to the existing competent SteelTrack.  I'll be looking to get one for my SCT once they are released.  I already own two SteelTracks and use them for imaging.  I've never had any slippage and that's with quite a load.  The SteelDrive even handles the focussing well.  I think you would be hard pushed to find one in stock anywhere even if they are listed but I don't think you can go wrong with either that or the new Diamant.

Just realised this is an oldish thread sorry!

• 2 months later...

My Steeltrack Diamond RT, plus adaptor for the ED80 and dedicated ClickLock landed today. First impressions are good. The focus action is smooth and it happily lifted a 5kg counterweight straight up with no slippage. A gentle turn of the lock screw holds it in place perfectly so bodes well for not having image shift or tilt. Will get it on the OTA tomorrow.

Archived